Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hot Soup - Day 2

So Sunday morning rolls around. I figure I'd leave Craig and Rachel at home in my bed to commiserate together since they were both less than 100%. I got ready for church along with the other kids. They were all intrigued by Rachel's burn and wanted to see how it looked so I gathered everyone in our bedroom so they could see firsthand what happens to skin when it is burned. I started to upwrap her foot and noticed something odd. Kept unwrapping and found that her foot had transformed into this...


















It was amazing to me that her foot could change appearance so drastically in just 8 hours! The doctors said that it may blister but I wasn't prepared for what I saw. So, I took the kids to church, dropped them off and headed back to the hospital for them to take another look. They weren't too shocked at what they saw and told me that blisters are to be expected and that they wouldn't break it open in fear of introducing bacteria into her foot. The did, though, recommend that we see a plastic surgeon the next day and have him evaluate it.

1 comment:

Ashley Whimpey: The One with the Fairy Dust said...

Holy cow, Joy!! This looks awful!! Poor Rachel. I bet you were mortified. I hope it heals quickly!!